Spokane, WA (view)
Maplewood could be viewed as a Silicon Valley software company relocated to Spokane, in other words Digital Master Builders. Our first Software as a Service product launched in 2002, and we are very proud to say our first customer is still using the product and has never experience a single work day without service. We primarily develop our own products, but have done considerable development work for some of the world’s largest companies (Microsoft, Roche). Our culture expects high EQ and IQ within a flat management structure, team reviewed, process oriented, with extremely high productivity. We innovate constantly.
Maplewood utilizes the Wicket Java library to create web-based applications with a backend in Java and SQL. This position requires troubleshooting, testing, and evaluation of developed code within a team working environment. The Junior Programmer receives guidance and direction from other Programmers and the lead programmer within their team and is not expected to be fully knowledgeable in the programming languages used. The Junior Programmer is expected to participate in:
- Quality assurance
- Time and task management
- Source code management and deployment
- Data and database maintenance
- Automated testing (JUNIT)
- Ability to work with cutting edge Java and SQL code
- Must be able to work at least 35 hours a week
- Ability to think logically to break down problems
- Comfortable using Java or an object oriented language
- Self-managed and self-motivated
- Eager to build bold new software products
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent team participant and servant leader
- Desire to learn
Maplewood offers competitive compensation, medical benefits, paid time off, career development, and the opportunity to be a part of a rapidly growing software company.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete submissions will not be considered for candidacy:
- Cover Letter
- References will be upon request
Please DO NOT contact the company by phone regarding job inquiries. You will be contacted via email within one week regarding next steps.